Saturday, November 8, 2008

Somethings I've been doing


I have been trying really hard to get this posting to look right...but I guess I just have to let the program do its thing. So here goes. These are what I have been up to this past couple of days. As they say on "Dancing with the Stars" in no particular order.


At the top is a Birthday card for my cousin Laura's Big day in December. Don't tell her it is done already, but Laura if you see this...there is a special message for you on the inside, although each of those packages next to you are filled with lots & lots of love & good wishes!

This is a Magnolia stamp http://www.magnoliastamps.us/ that I am re-naming "Scottish Tilda". In the colouring of this image I made my best attempt at reproducing the MacRae dress tartan, which I wore when I was involved in Highland Dancing in my youth. I have named this card "Sandy on her way to Dance Class"...because I would often wear my kilt with my favourite green pull-over for class. My hat was just like this except the band was not tartan, I just took poetic license. The socks and shoes are definitely not right, but we will just say that I would have changed them before class started. Mrs. White would have insisted on that!


This last photo is one of 5 invitations I made this week for the staff of the place I live to ask them to come to our Christmas Dinner. We have to get these out to them on Monday as appointment books are fast getting filled for December.
I have really enjoyed myself upstairs in MJ's cardmaking room this week. It is such a treat to have a dedicated space, where you don't have to tidy up each time. And you can leave project half done and come back to them whenever, without wondering where you are going to eat your next meal. I feel so blessed to have this space at my disposal this month.







No comments: