Tuesday, February 28, 2012

One day 10 cards #1

This past Saturday M-J and I attended a fun filled day at a friend of mine who's a Stampin Up rep. She had all the prep work done for us and so we just had to spend our day putting 10 fabulous birthday cards together. To top it off she provided us with lunch too. How good is that!!! Boy is this ever a great way to get my stash built up.

This is the first card I'm showing. After embossing the background on creme CS I sponged it with 'early expresso' to  bring out the texture. The bird cage is stamped with the brown and then the bird was stamped. It amazes me how it looks like the bird was done first, but it wasn't. The sentiment was stamped on a piece of  'cherry cobbler'. This matches the sheer ribbon and brad.
I gave this card today to a neighbour.

I'm going to get the rest of the cards scanned and then share them.


Thanks for dropping by,
Sandy

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Pretty card. Sounds like a very fun day! Can't wait to see the rest of the cards.