Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Birthday card with new stamps from Australia

I am so lucky. When M-J was visiting Australia last month she brought me some wonderful stamps that are not readily available here in North America. One set is a fabulous set of flowers from 'darkroom door' called the full bloom collection.
I used one of these stamps to create a birthday card for a friend.
I inked up the tulip stamp using Distress Inks. I used 'victorian velvet' on the blossom and 'peeled paint' on the foliage. For the two darker images I inked and stamped the lighter on was stamped without re-inking.
I matted with pink and green Bazzil CS and mounted it on a white of A2 card base.
I'm really looking forward to working with the rest of this wonderful set.

Thanks for dropping by,
Sandy

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh, how wonderful of M-J to bring your some stamps! Very cool!! And you've made such a beautiful card with one of them, too. Love the pretty colors. And flowers are my very favorite:)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

BEAUTIFUL!