Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Two Cards Today

I started trying to make a card for the CCB plaid challenge yesterday. I had the idea of using some plaid DP I'd for quite awhile in my stash to make some flowers. Today I went up to M-J's to play and managed to get that card finished. The frames around the 2 flowers on the left side of the card were made by embossing only using square nesties. The idea for these frames came from Lynette's blog http://mystampingaddiction.blogspot.com/2011/03/simple-card-parts-birthday.html
The flowers are a CB die set with the 4 different sizes of flowers (sorry I have no idea its name as I bought it second hand). The pink strip on the right was embossed with the ever popular Swiss Dots embossing folder. Inside the card I've used the largest of the flowers, mounted on the pink and green.


This second card  uses a new set of die cut/embossing frames by Nellie's Multi frames. The flower stamp is one of M-J's that went so very well with this die cut. The DP is from a Making Memories pad called "just chillin". The edge has be punched using a MS punch.
This card is another one of those that takes my out of my favorite pink's and green's. Something I must do more often!

Thanks for dropping by,
Sandy

3 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Not sure which I like best - they are so different! Thanks for coming - we must create together more often!

Lynette said...

Your cards are both so pretty, Sandy! I'm so jealous that you and M-J got to play - how FUN!!!! And thanks for the mention!

Happyone or South Coast Sheila said...

Sandy:
I love all your cards, they have such a Style. I love your plaid flowers & I am such a sucker for polka dots.
Great Blog, keep up the Good Work!
Hugs, Sheila B