Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tim Holtz Make and Take

Well, I can't believe that I went all the way through February without posting at all. To be sort of fair to myself, I was away visiting family in B.C. for a little over 2 weeks. But where the rest of the month went I have no idea.
The card that I'm sharing with you today is one I did a "make & take" at a local store here in Calgary called Scrapbookers Paradise. Every Thursday the have what the call "Toonie Thursday". It is a drop in demo between 11 and 4 and you make a card in less than 1/2 hr for $2. It is something that I've been meaning to do for awhile and so made a special effort to get there today. This card was made Tim Holtz embossing folder and die cuts. The one thing I did learn about his embossing folders is that they emboss very deeply on CS. This card was made with Bazzill which is a good weight. However, the 'postcard' embossing folder was actually cutting through the CS when going through their CB until I suggested that we only use one B plate and a couple of shims. We still got a deep embossing, but no holes to be repaired. I know that Tim Holtz does a lot of embossing a other media that is much thicker so I that is why his embossing folders are designed that way.
I did enjoy trying out these supplies and created a card that I will use for someone I know who needs a card to let them know that they are being thought of.

I have stamped some images since I got back and have some of the coloured. Now I must spend sometime getting a few cards put together. Hopefully, that will happen this week-end!

Thanks for dropping by,
Sandy

No comments: