Sunday, September 12, 2010

Productive Weekend

This weekend I enjoyed myself getting a couple of cards put together. For me these days two cards produced is a fantastic feeling!
The first is one that I will be sending out for a "Mingle" on one of my Yahoo groups.

The theme for this mingle was "a square card". So this one measures 4 1/2" square. I will be able fit it into an A2 envelope and then can avoid having to pay the extra postage for an off size envelope. Yes, my heritage is Scottish! However, I was really surprised at what a cute little card this size is.

I used the Snow Dots CB embossing folder. The verse that is stamped on the inside is one that talks about the unique beauty of each friend. The same way each snowflake is different, so are our friends.
Honest I made this card before I heard the weather forecast for this Thursday! We can only hope that it is just a cruel joke that they are saying we going to have some of the "white stuff", say it isn't so!



The second card is one that I made for my cousin who is recovering from surgery.
I went back to one of my favourite CB embossing folders these days... Jules Jewels. Then I used the butterfly die cuts to embellish it. The inside I have just stamped with three butterflies  near the top and the saying "something special". This left me with plenty of room to write my own personal wishes for a speedy recovery.



Thanks for dropping by,
Sandy

No comments: