Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Nephew's Birthday Card

Tomorrow is my nephew's Birthday, I can't believe that it's been 38 years since he made his "early" appearance into our lives. The great family story is when my brother phone our parents to let them know they had a grandson my father was so thrilled that the next 'trick or treaters' that came to the door got the whole bowl of candy in their bags. Being born on Halloween does have some perks, there is always a party, I'm glad though that I don't have to find a costume every year for my celebrations. Chris has had some great ones over the years!
This card is a technique I learned at a make & take at a local Scrapping store. You take pieces of regular masking tape and tear them off in small uneven strips and cover the peice of white CS. Once it is completely covered, choose the color of Tim Holtz distress ink you want to use and sponge it all over the masking tape covered piece, and while it is still tacky cover it with clear UTEE embossing powder and heat set it. This gives you a smooth surface that has this rough look. The fabric leaves, arrow brad and a peice of twine doubled on itself finish of this look. I matted it with a piece of chocolate brown CS and mounted it all on a light brown making it a 41/2" square card.

Thanks for dropping by,
Sandy

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a cool technique, and I love your fabric leaves.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very cool card! I love all the texture!!!