Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Milestone Birthday for a Fabulous Friend

The card that I last posted was for 1/2 of a couple who I'm lucky enough to count among my friends . This card today is for his wife. She is someone I met as a neighbour 25 years ago when she moved to Calgary from Ontario. We hit it off immediately and although we haven't been neighbours many years I definitely call her one of my 'best friends'. This birthday is one of those milestone years. You know that one's where you enter a new decade? I'm not going to mention which decade, but I did enter it myself a couple of years ago.
Although this card doesn't specifically mention age the sentiment "days just seem to flutter by" is perfect I think. Both the butterfly and the sentiment are from a sheet of stamps I won from Repeat Impressions The House that Stamps Built this summer. Lucky me! The background of card is a technique we were challenged to try on our CCB Yahoo group. It is done by using Versamark on your CS then passing it through your cuttlebug with an embossing folder, adding clear embossing powder and finally heat setting it. I used one of the folders from the Cindyloo collection. The butterfly was first stamped on the same yellow CS I used for the sentiment.  I also stamped it on some vellum with my black onyx Versafine added clear embossing powder and heat set it. I mounted it with a could of pop-ups on the body, which leaves the wings free.
I truly enjoyed making this card and was glad I could give it to such a good friend!
Thanks for dropping by,
Sandy

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Gorgeous card, Sandy! Love the butterfly, and the beautiful background. Congrats again on your win!